Use of Enhanced Energy Scheduling (EES) Import IDs after implementation of the Pay for Performance (PFP) project
In preparation for the Pay for Performance (PFP) project Lead Participants with access to the Enhanced Energy Scheduling (EES) system must take notice of the following items as they relate to the use of Import Resource IDs referenced on external transactions.
- The Lead Participant of an Import Capacity Resource with a Capacity Supply Obligation (CSO) must be the Lead Participant submitting the transaction in EES in order to receive FCM settlement credit for the transaction. Under PFP, the Import Resource ID referenced on the external transaction does not impact the settlement of the import CSO. Rather, it is the company that submits the external transaction that will be considered when the Actual Capacity Provided by the Import Capacity Resource during a Capacity Scarcity Condition (CSC) is assessed.
- When an Import Resource ID is referenced in EES certain system validations are triggered which include:
- The Day-Ahead Market (DAM) and Real-Time Market (RTM) MW must be the same
- The DAM and RTM MW must be submitted by the DAM submittal deadline
- The only RT transaction that can be submitted on the Coordinated Transaction Scheduling (CTS) interface is one associated with an Import Resource that is backed by generation wheeling through NYISO
Please refer to Market Rule section III.22.214.171.124 "Calculation of Actual Capacity Provided During a Capacity Scarcity Condition" beginning on page 353 to review the market rule language.
For more information about the PFP project please refer to the Forward Capacity Market Pay-for-Performance (FCM PFP) project page.
- Date: Fri Jun 1, 2018 8:00AM