ISO New England uses commercially reasonable credit review procedures to ensure the ability of market participants to pay for service transactions. This assessment need is outlined under the Second Restated NEPOOL Agreement and in the ISO New England Financial Assurance Policy.
Not an existing customer with the ISO? Please review the New Customer Registration Checklist before pursuing applications on this page.
Below, you can access documents related to financial assurance, including:
- New Application Materials—documents that need to be completed and submitted for participation in the New England wholesale electricity marketplace
- Minimum Criteria Materials—documents to assist applicants and customers in complying with the minimum criteria for market participation as required by the Financial Assurance Policy
- Collateral Materials—ISO-specific agreements and forms for posting cash collateral, payment of invoices with cash collateral, and withdrawing and transferring funds
- Credit Materials—policies and amendments, and other credit-related documents
- BlackRock Materials—overview guidance for opening a BlackRock account, as well as depositing and withdrawing funds
- General Materials—other documents, including the membership termination protocol and a summary of the suspension process
- Methodology Materials—additional financial assurance methodology documents, including Financial Transmission Rights, virtual transactions, Forward Capacity Market pay-for-performance, and credit limit examples for corporate family